Today we’re reading Drew Anderson’s study, “How Can State Financial Aid Best Meet the Needs of Low-Income Students?” from the RAND Corporation. As you read the text, try and take not of facts or figures that surprise you. Next, answer the following questions. You may need to do some light research to find your answers.
- Why do states want to support low-income students?
- What did you learn from Figure 1? What does F.1 affirm that you already knew or suspected?
- What is the purpose of Figure 2? What part of the bar chart best exemplifies this purpose?
- Why is this report important to a school like Stout?
- Is the RAND Corporation a reputable source? Explain why.