Today, we’re looking at DeForest Molina, Theiss-Smith, & Braunstein’s, “Promoting Student Political Engagement and Awareness at the University of South Dakota” that appeared in a periodical for the American Association of Colleges and Universities (AACU).
After reading the article, answer the following questions:
- What is a civic space? Why is it important on college campuses?
- What do you think this article means by civic engagement?
- Why or why shouldn’t universities promote civic engagement?
- Do you have other courses at Stout that encourage you to get involved? What are they? How do they do this?
- If you don’t have courses that encourage civic engagement, what do you think about this?
- Do you think it’s important to be involved? Why or why not?