Check out Brenda Child’s “When Art Is Medicine” op-ed from The New York Times.
- What do you think of the lede? How does it catch your attention?
- What is the thesis of this op-ed?
- What are two of the main points? What evidence does Child use to support these points?
- What is the purpose of Child’s op-ed? What is she trying to raise awareness about?
- What did you learn from this op-ed that might help you with your own op-ed?
Image Credit: The Jingle Dress Dance has become a symbol of female empowerment across tribal nations. Jingle Dress Dancers protesting a pipeline project, at Standing Rock Reservation, in 2016. Credit…Eugene Tapahe