In Parker Schorr’s Wisconsin Watch article, “Inmates Fear ‘The Invisible Enemy’ in Wisconsin’s Overcrowded Prisons,” he argues “incarcerated individuals say they still lack key protections from a virus that has ripped through prisons and jails in other states.”
- How does the introduction set the scene of COVID in prisons for readers?
- List at least three examples that Schorr uses to prove that prisoners are still in danger in prison.
- Why is prison overcrowding a particular problem?
- How would you advocate on behalf of incarcerated individuals? What could we do to help them?
- Why is COVID in prison an issue worthy of our attention?