Today we’re looking at Hope Kirwan’s “‘We Need Some Help’: Farmers Look to Officials, Community for Mental Health Resources (Links to an external site.)” from Wisconsin Public Radio.
- What is the main-point of this article?
- What stressors does Kirwan suggest cause farmers mental health issues?
- What solutions does Kirwan provide for farmers?
- How might you advocate for farmers with Gov. Evers or the Wisconsin State Assembly? What kinds of evidence would you use in a one-pager?
- What organizations would you partner with to advocate for farmers’ mental health?
- Why do you think this issue is worth advocacy? If it’s not, why not?