Today, we’re going to work on your phone script for the advocacy project. The phone script has a few rules:
- Greeting & Name: Politely introduce themselves with their full name.
- Location: Provide their state or municipality to help the elected official know which district the caller comes from.
- Purpose of Call: Succinctly and clearly explain why they are calling. Ideally, this would be a few words (examples below).
- Explanation: Why your issue is of importance to the officials constituents and community.
- Next Steps: Clearly articulate what you want the official to do next, e.g., draft a bill, vote a certain way, or support a cause.
- Thank You: Emphasize that you appreciate their time and stay kind.
Here are some example phone scripts that might help you draft your own: