Today we’re looking at Coffelt & Smith’s “Exemplary and Unacceptable Workplace Communication Skills.” Write a meaningful response to this essay. You may find the following questions helpful in shaping your response:
- Interview subjects in this study rated reliability as an important workplace communication skill. How does this compare with your experience in workplace writing and communication?
- Why are accurate and clear documentation important to your workplace and career?
- Have you experienced the negative communication skills (deception/aggression/defensiveness) in your career or workplace? How does this impact your ability to do your work?
- What did you learn from this research that suprised you or reinforced something you knew?
- How did this article change the way you communicate or train others to communicate with your organization?