Check out Stout’s Swanson Library & Learning Center’s tutorials for using their resources. Select two tutorials that seem most interesting to you. Most helpful tutorials may be found on the Digital Primary Sources page.
After you’ve watched two videos, put what you learned into action. Take a screen shot of a search you conducted as preliminary research. In 250 words, explain what you learned from watching these videos. You may find answering some of the following questions helpful:
- What did you learn or relearn from the videos you selected.
- How do you plan on using these skills your project?
- Will any of these specific database potentially help your project? Which ones? Why?
- What surprised you when you looked through primary source databases?
- How might these tutorials help you in other classes?