Today, we’re looking at the “The Tretter Transgender Oral History Project” from the University of Minnesota Library. Part of doing research is coming across a goldmine like this. As group, dig through the variety of materials presented by this project. Next, consider the following:
- What are some themes you could pull out of this collection to shape a smaller curation project?
- Select one of those themes and pretend you’re creating a project. Which oral histories would you feature? Is there one in particular that you think should be included?
- What other artifacts or types of artifacts might you include in this curation project?
- Who might be interested in your group’s curation project? What audiences might you try to appeal to?
- Create a citation for one of the artifacts from the Tretter Transgender Oral History Project.