Check out Dietz’s “How Can Curation Tell Your Story” from Curatii. Dietz asks a series of questions that might help you think through how you’d find your voice and focus in a curation project:
- So, what are you an authority on? That is to say, what do you know more about than the average person?
- What do you think the world needs to know about? What stories, experiences, or ideas do you have that may connect with others’ experiences?
- What kind of a voice do you want to bring to the table? How do you want to be perceived? What is important to emphasize?
- Who are you writing for? What are the 3 or 4 personas you can create that reflect the majority of your readers? What are their needs and how do you want to curate and write for them?
- Figure out the values you hold dear that you want to bring into your curation to help you make connections. Here’s a free online tool to help you http://www.valuescentre.com/pva/
Spend some time thinking through these questions. Record your answers and be ready to share them with the group.