Today, we’re reading Mosier’s “Deconstructing the Art of Grantsmanship: The Roles of the Storyteller, Grant Writer, Typesetter, Proofreader, Accountant and Reviewer” from the Journal of Research Administration. Mosier provides insight into the process and roles of creating a successful grant application. You may find answering one of the following questions helpful in drafting your response:
- Which role Mosier describes is the most appealing to you? Why? How does it play to your strengths are a writer or thinker?
- Why is storytelling essential to writing powerful grant?
- Who in your organization would you turn to for help with proofreading and typesetting? Why? What makes them a good fit for these roles?
- Did anything surprise you in Mosier’s description of the roles? How did it reframe how you think about grants?
- What key takeaway in Mosier’s article might you use in your current job/organization? Why?