Select one of the following multimedia music stories:
Women Are Making the Best Rock Music Today — The New York Times (Links to an external site.)
What Music do Americans Love the Most?—The New York Times (Links to an external site.)
Ed Sheeran Made ‘Shape of You’ this Year’s Biggest Track—The New York Times * (Links to an external site.)
*Note, I by no means condone the music of Ed Sheeran.
Answer the following questions about your selected story:
- What is this news story about? What does the author(s) want us to learn from this story?
- List all of media (i.e., gifs, maps, photos, graphs, animations, songs) artifacts the creators use to build this story.
- Describe the kinds of sources and research the creators needed to tell this story. Try and be as specific as possible.
- How does the arrangement of the multimedia elements help tell the story?
- Besides that fact that it’s cool, why might the creators chose to tell this story in this format rather than a traditional written essay? How does the multimedia format help our understanding of the topic?
- What can you take away from this project that might help you with your own curation project?