Today, we’re looking at Steve Krug’s chapter on website navigation from Don’t Make Me Think. As you look through it, I want you to examine your own website for this curation project. You may find answering the following questions helpful:
- What are your page names? Are they clearly labeled? Are they consistently capitalized? Spelled correctly?
- Can you get from page to page easily? Can a user find their way home easily?
- Do you provide breadcrumbs or other navigation formats to orient users?
- Do you have the necessary elements of identification (pg #) on every page?
- Consider reviewing his Trunk Test and applying it your project and your peers’ projects.