Today, we’re reading Caleb Gayle’s New Republic article, “Inside the “Most Incarcerated” Zip Code in the Country.” Please answer the following questions:
- How does Gayle define the practice of “redlining”?
- Go to the UW-Stout Library. Find a definition of redlining there. Provide the definition and citation here.
- How does the definition Gayle provides differ from the one you found through the library databases?
- To you, what is the most powerful example of racism and discrimination Gayle provides?
- How do sentencing laws and supervision rules disenfranchise voters?
- What does this story uncover about the legacy of racism in Milwaukee?